6 Types Of Logos And How To Use Them In Your Small Business

1. Great breakdown and something to important to consider

• admin says:

A lot of business owners feel limited to only choosing one type of logo. I wanted to show you can mix it up and and have different logos that all represent your brand.

2. Amy Terry says:

Great ideas! I’m thinking of rebranding my blog, this was helpful!

3. This is so interesting. I recently did a logo design and it was a mascot one. Someone designed it for me.

4. Pinned! This is super informative. I didn’t even know logos had different classifications! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• admin says:

Thank you, Nicole. I am so glad you found it helpful. There are so many types of logos it’s hard to choose which ones you should use. But I am glad you liked it and thank you for sharing on Pinterest.

5. Jen says:

Whoa so much good info on logos. I’m in the process of redesigning my own, so this came in perfect timing.

• admin says:

Yay!! That was very serendipitous. I love logo design because there are so many options to choose from. And you can have more than one which makes it so much fun to design.

6. This is so interesting. I see these logos all the time, but I never stopped to think about how they fall into such clear categories. My blog logo is a wordmark. But I’m interested in exploring these other options, too. I had never really thought about it before. Thanks!

• admin says:

You should consider making a really fun submark that complements your logo. Something you can use in its place but is fun and pops.

7. I’m loving your blog! Great information that I always need!!

• admin says:

Thank you, Erin! I am so glad it is proving helpful to you and your biz. My goal is to help as many people as I can build purpose-filled brands.

8. Brittany says:

Wow! I didn’t know there was so much to learn about logos! Thank you for writing this.

• admin says:

There are so many ways to use logos in your branding. I always recommend having the main logo, an alternate logo, and a submark. So you can mix it up and keep your brand interesting.

9. Sunni says:

Talk about logos always makes me want to change mine! Haha. I have a combination mark logo myself. I chose it because, being a small blogger, people don’t know who I am so I want them to see the name, but it’s fun to have an icon too to try and stand out.

Thanks for this summary!

• admin says:

You’re very welcome Sunni. I look at sooo many logos in a day and I am always amazed by the creativity I see. I have wanted to change mine so many times but really I love my simple logo.

10. I get so geeky over this kind of things, I find that I’m more attracted buy logos that are only picture 😀

• Misty says:

I always recommend have several logos that you can use across all your platforms. As long as they are all branded you can use them to help boost your brand recognition.

11. Mimi says:

I love logo with only initials,like mine, I like that it’s minimal straight forward

12. Jeanette says:

Great useful ideas. It is so much fun to do logos!

• Misty says:

I love designing logos. They are the main representative element of a brand and a chance to get really creative. I am so glad you enjoyed the post.

13. Sarah says:

I’ve never done a logo for my blog but now I’m thinking I should! These are great tips for figuring out which type of logo to pick! Thanks for the info.!!

• Misty says:

Logos are wonderful and a great way to build recognition within your space. When you think about brands 9 times out of 10 you can recognize their logo and in some cases, you can recognize them without the company name on the logo.

14. Tina H says:

My logo is definitely an emblem but I did not do that on purpose lol thanks for breaking the differences down

• Misty says:

You’re very welcome. I am glad you enjoyed the post and it helped you identify your logo style. BTW your logo is super cute and so much fun!